Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
I wonder what the differences are in coaching/management philosophy and styles between these teams are. What you say here rings true for me- both teams have very young players, yet, the Giants young guys just don't look rattled much at all. Bumgarner was so focused- they all seem to be. When he was between being on the mound, he sat alone and at times looked almost like he was meditating. LOL... I'm such a woo-woo Californian! but something is jiving with those guys and how they concentrate!

I keep thinking it has to do with the coaching staff and the Giants manager. I did some coaching (very little as I just was pre-Title IV in women's sports in my young days) in college for some middle school girls programs- just thinking back about motivational techniques and confidence building.

It would be great to have the Giants take it at home, but, a win tonight would be fine by me! But, the Rangers could come out battling and I know they have talent. So, I'm just sitting back and watching! Plus, this is a big deal for Rangers fan, too. First WS ever.

Gotta check to see if that big screen thing is really going to happen in SF tonight! Hope so- it would be great to hang with some fans and watch in a sort of "being there" way.
I havent seen enough of either team to ascertain a style or philosophy. I have questioned Washingtons handling of the pitching staff....seems to me he leaves some pitchers in too long and pulls others too fast.

Plus, it is an adjustment for both teams to have to play by the others rules depending on who's park you are in. I cant imagine what it is like to have to go without your designated hitter - its a team used to playing with certain players in certain order. All of a sudden, they are a batter short and pitchers who havent swung a bat since little league are trying to remember how to bunt. How do you decide who to bench? Whats more important, the defense or the offense? I dont think I would be wanting to have to make those decisions.

Yet there are always the intangibles to deal with. The unsung heroes, the leaders of a team who can inspire and motivate just because they BELIEVE, the ones who dig down a little deeper in the clutch, the ones who do the little things that start rallies etc.

Nonetheless, both of these teams are here because they deserve to be. The Giants havent lost a step. They seem to be just bearing down and coming thru when they need to. Rangers do not seem to be exhiniting the same confidence, nor do they seem to be relying on those things which got them this far. All we can ask as fans, is that they all try the best they can.

I'm proud of both of these teams. Win or lose, they accomplished something special just to get to this point.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: