View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 05:04 AM   #26
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

High turnout has historically favored Dems. Hence the Republicans' effective efforts to suppress the vote. Everyone on the left has been hoping demographics are going to be the death knell of Republican power. But traditionally most Latinx and Asian folk don't vote. And among registered voters, their turnout is the lowest. But if they were to vote in greater numbers, I don't think the effect would be as strongly in the favor of Dems as they hope. There are many many conservative Latinx. The evangelicals tend to vote like white evangelicals; whereas African American evangelicals do not. There are many conservative Asian voters as well.

Youth from every background can be counted on to vote in a more liberal way, but they're not voting. It's so hard to predict turnout among younger voters. You hear about enthusiasm and increased registration, but that does not always translate into turnout.