Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I wish folks would get as pissed off and upset about what the 'new and improved' curriculum that is resulting in new textbooks being written courtesy of the Texas State School Board. The effects of these new textbooks will be felt across the nation. And in my mind is far more important.
In other states, too. All with the "pages to copy" workbooks that take creativity out of teaching. We are in a mess with education in the US on many fronts. And it is going to bite us in the ass.

When I think about this, I see why so many Republi-Cons want to do away with the federal Department of Education. I don't want to rely on "states rights" mentality in curriculum development. Think about all of the historical facts that could be wiped-out or re-interpreted without some kind of federal intervention.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: