Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KnightsBlade~ View Post
You know it still surprises me how accepting this area is. More so how wonderful my college has been and is being when it comes to anything relating to me being an open and out transgender pre op FtM. I finally had to have the bathroom talk with student services today. I was having difficulty with some individuals when I used one of the two men's rooms so at the time I choose to do everything possible not to use the restroom ay school. You know one of those puck your battles situations. After all I will not be going there four years. Well I was reminded Friday that my bladder shrinks to the size of a pea in the winter and recalling the hassles from last semester I used the woman's room hoping it was empty. I feel bad for the woman that was in there bcs I scared the shit out of her. Hell if I was a woman and someone that looked like me walk into the restroom I would have been scared to. So I decided it was time to take the issue to the decision makers today. I sure didn't want to scare anyone or put up with harassment I didn't have to. The woman in student services was wonderful. Of course she couldn't make any decisions but I knew she would know the rest of the steps and people. So she listened and made sure I hadn't experienced anything hateful then took me to the first in line for these things. She did all the talking referred to me in all the proper pro nouns and other terms. Then again she has been wonderful in her treatment to me since I started school. I don't even mind it when she refers to me as the schools test subject jokingly. It was decided the campus president would have to handle this issue. So I have to talk to him tomorrow mainly because he wants to hear first hand about the incidents that occurred when I attempted to use the men's room and to get my input on how to handle it. Again he has always been great with me and very respectful so I am not to worried about it. I guess I am still amazed by the responces because it is so drastic from what I would have gotten back home. Doesn't hurt that my T has helped my responces to these things at least that's what I give the credit to for my more rational thinking and calmer approach to things. Let's hope I don't loose the right to take it on Thursday and if I do these are two of the things I get to keep from having used T.
Perhaps I am misunderstanding things, but did you say that you might lose the right to take T ??? NO ONE has the right to tell you that, not anyone at all! If anyone tells you that, tell them that I say to them: "Fuck you!".

I hope that what you meant was that you might lose the right to use the men's room. Please show the university president your 'Carry Letter.' That should help take care of the problem, if your's is anything like my 'Carry Letter'.

Hang in there, honey, and good luck. Hugs, Nadine
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post: