View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 11:14 PM   #107
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Whether they identified as butch, or just looked masculine, I really haven't slept with any masculine presenting females, nor any females who had "masculine energy".
Nor have I. And, while perhaps not every woman I've been with self identified as Femme, I suspect that's at least in part owing to a lack of vernacular. That essence has always been there. It is that exquisite energy that somehow manages to be intangible and palpable at once. I am every ounce the moth willing to be singed by that flame. Long before I had the language for it, I knew who my counterpart had to be. I'd go so far as to say it's not at all a choice for me. Air, water, light, Femme; all elements crucial in the development of my best self.

I don't feel as though I was ever drawn to being butch because I was never on the outside of it. As others have mentioned, I know beyond doubt that I burst into the world this way. When I was younger, when I had long hair, for example, I know my presentation might have not screamed butch, but my core has never changed and these days my external and internal are more aligned. I've never given much thought to defining butch. I guess I simply prefer to live it.