Old 06-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #54
Chazz

How Do You Identify?:
cisBUTCH
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey
Relationship Status:
Single - gave up the farce

Chazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST Reputation

Hi, Intrigue_in916

Thank you for the discourse. And, thanks for giving me an opportunity to speak to something that has been on my mind, though it's not directed at you, per se.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrigue_in916 View Post
SEXY isnt just a femme thing, because I know hot sexy butch women. However by that persons own definition of their sexuality, some ppl arent comfortable with some nouns or pro~nouns,that others may 'SAY' to describe who they see. All we have to say is ...im not comfortable when you call me ... or say to me, whatver it is your not comfy with. Does that make sense, to anyone, but me? cuz now I feel kinda dorky But with an opinion.
Yes to this, sorta.

FOR ME, the pronoun dilemma is a symptom of a false presence-absence dichotomy - a byproduct of Western logocentrical thought, linguistics, and representation.

Terms like good/bad, white/black, male/female, him/her (ad infinitum) were coined to denote "binary opposition". It is a long, established fact that Westerners (like us) think and speak in oppositions.

Butches like me make a lie of binary oppositions; in this case, the binary opposition of gender constructs.

Feminism, post-colonialism, post-anarchism, and critical race theory argue that binary dichotomies perpetuate and legitimize Western power structures that place "civilized" white men at the top of contrived hierarchies.

Post-structural (not post-modern) butches like me are not interested in a reversal of binary constructs, but their deconstruction.

I don't care that this is not necessarily so for all butches. I do care that it's true for butches like me. Not to assert this is to render myself, and those like me, invisible.

I'm not masculine or feminine, I'm Butch. My definition of Butch need not comport with anyone else's.

(I'm not comfortable with the term "Two-Spirited" because it feels like cultural appropriation FOR ME.)
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chazz For This Useful Post: