View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #7
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Most of the women I meet are met online. I had a policy for years that if you lived within a 100 mile radius of me, I would not date you. I am leaning back towards that, but it is hard with the cost of travelling these days.

As far as blind dates go...hell to the NO! My friends always think that since I am gay and their friend is gay, that we would be the perfect couple! That makes me queasy just thinking about the ignorance behind that kind of thought process! My friends think that I would like the sporty/jock type of girl because that is how they see me....wrong again!! I am not sporty/jock...I am butch. I also don't care for the softball playing, typical androgenous lesbian. No offense to those of you that like them or are one...I just don't prefer to date them. So, back to the topic: No, absolutely NO BLIND DATES!! (unless of course it is set up by one of my BFP friends...they know exactly how I like 'em! )

Would I go out with someone that dated someone I knew? No. I have a hard time dating locals because the pond here is so small. I don't like the gossip that comes along with that whole package. "Did you hear what she did to so-and-so?" Nor do I like people knowing my business when I date someone, i.e. things that happen behind closed doors.

I think that both meeting people on line and meeting people in person have their advantages. Meeting them online, I tend to get to know them a little bit better and know more about them prior to meeting. Meeting them in person, I know right away if there is that physical chemistry and I can read their body language to know if they might be interested.

I was with a woman I met through a butch/femme singles site, she lived 3 hours away and we saw each other like every other weekend. It was the best relationship I have ever had. I had my space to work and do things in my hula hoop, and she had time to spend with her kids and take care of her hula hoop, then when we would get together, we didn't have to worry about anything but spending time together. It worked wonderfully for both of us!