imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation
Default Living Apart, Together (LAT) A Support Thread

This thread is for those in or interested in living apart, together only

"Living apart, together
0ver two million Canadians, many 45/50 plus, are saying no to cohabitation and marriage"

(there will be a much higher figure on the new long form census now that it's recognized as a valid romantic partnership commitment)

"For many couples, moving in together is the key step that transitions them from a dating relationship to a long-term committed partnership. However, a small but growing minority of long-term couples in countries like the Britain, Sweden, and Canada are forgoing cohabitation entirely, preferring to keep their separate homes. This phenomenon is referred to as "living apart together," or LAT."

This getting reported in quite ages articles these days, happily. As people over a certain age with adult kids or near adult kids comsider the hard work of re-establishing yourself after divorce, and wanting to keep your independance while committing to another.

I'm really glad this is being recognized as a valid, loving and committed partnership. And many of my friends are in long term LATs.

For those who *would* find it ideal, what would be the dream set up?

I have two in mind myself...

Last edited by nycfem; 01-09-2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Clarification
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: