imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triffid View Post
I seem to have trouble getting past the term, 'booty call 'when discussing this. I know some elder people who were better living apart and still being married and committed to each other after being in the same house raising kids etc for years. To them it was more about keeping vows and not pulling out an axe like Jack in The Shining. The one benefit I can see to not moving in together is keeping that infant relationship feeling of always wanting to be together going longer. That lusting thing. But in my humble opinion, a relationship like that isn't capable of moving forward past a certain point. In the other case of having lived together first then deciding to Lat, to me that just cries we want the sex, but we don't like your living habits. Hence the term booty call. Which leads eventually to the friend zone if one or both parties decide they don't want the intimacy anymore. I guess maybe it depends on whether you are in the canoe with both feet or half in seeing if the other person will capsize you.
Sorry you are having trouble... If you are someone INTO the dynamic, what would be your ideal set up?

If you aren't there are actually oodles of places to say that it's not a real committed relationship or there's something lacking. Maybe you can go have that particular conversation there?
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: