Old 05-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #28
Contradictor

How Do You Identify?:
I don't!Kinda wish I did.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Whatever you think suits
Relationship Status:
Hers

Contradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST Reputation

I was thin until I was moved to a different school aged 7. I was very shy and quiet and I couldn't deal with the change. I began eating for (in hindsight) comfort. I got fat. I weighed 10st aged 10. I hated myself and my Mother hated me for it. I was always strong and I decided to embrace my 'bigness' and take care of younger slighter girls who had problems .My size became me.
Aged 15 I met a girl who I became best friends with, I was dying to be slimmer and she was, so I began to eat like her. I copied her diet. In time, if I didn't spend time with her i didn't eat-reasoning I didn't know what she'd eaten that day. Sometimes I'd figure it out if she told me over the 'phone in conversation sometimes not.
I developed anorexia. I loved being slight and small. I loved the feeling of being tiny.
Time went on I recovered but it took about 8 years in total and then I embraced my frame and started training. I realised my bodybuilder Dad's indoctrination of 'be strong' and my Mother's of ' be thin' weren't me-I wanted to be strong but I didn't want it to become me. I found I put muscle on very easily and I adored that. (guess I had my Dad's genes!) but then I injured myself.
My body image has been a reflection of someone else's ideal most of my life and today I am just thankful that I've decided as long as I am healthy it doesn't really matter. And I feel triumphed that above missing being slim, I miss my strength. but I run and I look after myself and I try my best to help other younger women who struggle as I did.
Contradictor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Contradictor For This Useful Post: