Old 03-13-2021, 11:38 PM   #25
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I took an online makeup class today, and it became apparent that my makeup bag needs updating. I called the local Estee Lauder counter at Macy's, and no! they don't do that any more! What are you supposed to do now if you need advice? I wonder if there are still any Mary Kay consultants out there? and if not, what are they doing for jobs?
YouTube tutorials. Not sure about Mary Kay folks, though.

As for myself, I'm in a different situation than most. My state has been exemplary with getting the additional weekly unemployment payments to people on top of their current unemployment funds so there's little to no incentive to come back to work when they are making as much as or more than what they would pre-Covid. At least in the case of the folks who would seek out the position I have available at my store, which means I have been working alone 7 days a week since early December at a store that requires 80 hours a week to run properly so every Monday I go in and I'm behind by 25 hours. That and an upcoming audit stress me out more than usual.

I am very grateful for the OT but miss having time to myself and have found myself getting Grinchy especially lately so I was happy to hear that my store will be closing on Sundays starting on Easter. I'll have one day off and a chance to actually clean my home. It's getting a bit scruffy now. And sleep. Sleep would be nice. I've only had a full night's sleep once out of the past 3 weeks because I keep trying to get things done and sacrifice sleep for housework and running errands.

My cat, Loki, is having issues. He's a major attention whore and he is really suffering not having me home more for loving and pets. He cries when I leave for work now. Every day. So I go to work with that in my head. No wonder I'm cranky.

As for masks, I worked during the shutdown and got used to wearing them 60 hours a week so they are no biggie. What's frustrating is the number of people that I have chastised for not wearing their masks inside and how they get upset with me because I give them the ultimatum to put one on or leave. They don't know who they are playing with. I've worked this whole year with the public and kept myself safe so I'll be damned if some ignorant dickhead is going to get me sick. Not happening!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: