Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default and clay weighs in....

So, I have watched & read all the posts, vascillating back & forth. So I will now weigh in...with my own $.02
I agree with all that has been said in Gemme's previous post.

It is especially disheartening trying to get folks to post their hiatus period, as was all agreed upon in the original discussion & acceptance of these parameters!

These rules were not hastily made, we continually had late, missing, and even moneyless projects.
No matter how I express my thoughts, I run risk of being the "ass" as nanners so elegantly said.... But it has really been heavy on my heart & mind, so I will try to explain my thoughts, kindly & gently.

IN NO WAY am I trying to point a finger or make anyone feel badly, but the facts are the facts.

I think the world of Breathless, and in this instance, it is that particular package arrival that is the delay. I WANT her to be able to come in again. By that same token, we made the rules, all agreed, and I feel if we have to keep making decisions, making allowances for this and not for that, then we kind of shoot ourselves in the foot.

That rule came about after more than once several projects by a few participants were either late, never received, etc. for whatever the reason.

If this were an isolated incident that had happened, by all means, allow special consideration. But, and again, am NOT trying to be the meanie here, it has happened on more than a couple of occasions with mail either being totally lost or arriving post deadline. To her credit, Breathless did do a hurried up remake of one of the projects & spent the extra $$ to get them here.

I wholeheartedly know it sucks for Breathless to have to wait 6 months to participate in projects. I can only imagine having to wait, but it WAS a collaborative group effort with input to put the 6 months wait into effect. It was done by a fairly consistent group of participants, and everyone got a say so..

That came about after more than once several projects by a few participants were either late, never received, etc. I know for myself, it was always disheartening to never get some of the projects for whatever the reason.
Everyone had their reasons, and I understand sometimes things will just happen with receiving projects from Canada. I agree they should most definitely be sent in a package form, by DHL. That way it CAN be tracked.

I am all for adding in an extra 2 weeks for Breathless & Sis, for future projects. I am okay with that. Be it at front end of or back end of projects.

Most projects are at the very least 6 weeks timeframes....that is ample time to get projects done...and again, allow an extra 2 weeks for out of country participants!

As I said, I am all for the extra time, but I can honestly say, sometimes, we are all probably in that frame of mind, thinking, oh I have x number of weeks, so I can wait to get it done & in mail, etc. or to start them, then send "rapid mail delivery"..so procrastination can sometimes happen with the longer time frames...and bring us back to the same issue once again later down the pike.

I feel it would only be fair to give both purepisces & Breathless special dispensation for this time...or neither gets a pass.
. I would not feel it fair to give dispensation to one and not the other.

I am just wanting the rules to be fairly applied to everyone.......either all or none...

And I have one extra accolade for CCB.

I am so proud of CCB, she took her "medicine" & she has made every effort to be on time, every time, and usually she is first in with returned projects! Good job, kiddo!

Now, what is our next project, and who wants to wrangle....