Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Somehow I don't have the quote thingy figured out ..... I'm quoting Gemme here: Honestly, I'd have to go back through the thread to find out how everything panned out but I do remember the project. I had a hard time with that one. Did you do the watermelon magnet? It's on my fridge but there's no name on the back. Yes, I did the watermelon.

And, again, I'm quoting Gemme here: Again, without going back to check I can't be 100% certain, but I think that you were very upfront about it all so there wasn't anything else to say. I could be wrong as it's been a while but I thought you were great about the whole situation and agree that we can't start bending the rules here and there because eventually the weak spots will break and it'll all go to Hell in a handbasket. I wasn't 'upfront' about anything. I made the decision to take a timeout, re-do my project, and send it out directly to all US participants who had sent their project to Besame. Frankly, I think nothing was 'great' about the whole situation. Again, NO ONE SAID ANYTHING, not even me.

Perhaps some folks think I'm being a witch about stating/clarifying my point.

I will also state that when I was living Overseas the projects I participated in were my lifeline to the Western world. I would share them with co-workers who were amazed at what I had received. I felt like this aging, Femme, single-crochet-hooker actually had some talent that could be shared and, in turn, be appreciated. My participation in this group encouraged me to start up an exchange with local people (co-workers of all nationalities) that still continues and to which I occasionally participate.

Until 'rules' were implemented EVERY exchange I was a part of had people not sending in their pieces - yes, this one AND the one I started in China. However, the group in China was/are able to meet face-to-face and speak to how they were/are doing to make their commitment and this seemed to help with staying focused and project completion. Depending on the Wrangler, there was/are also physical check-ins which greatly improved project completion - I send photos to the Wrangler for transparency! Now, there are actually three groups of 10 that intermingle and exchange art three times per school year. But, they are a stickler for the rules.

We have a great thing going here but we do need to step-up, be transparent, take responsibility, and take our lumps. With the CD project I fell into a grey area - I did send it to the official Wrangler however it didn't make it to the US Wrangler (out of my control). I did ask Besame for her mailing address so I could mail it directly to her but I wasn't prepared to wait and mail it for the time period she was available to be on be-on-the-lookout-for-BF-packets (My decision; I was concerned it would arrive late).

Still, NO ONE SAID ANYTHING, including me. And, typically, I wouldn't say anything but I realize I am distancing myself from participating. If we're going to talk about rules, maybe ALL packages need to be TRACKED regardless of whether you are in the next city over or halfway around the world. I was able to track all packages I sent from Mainland China to wherever they were going in the world (and they ALL made it to their destination). DHL is a wonderful company. For those in the USA, USPS was fantastic when I lived in NC and WI. Perhaps the cost is prohibitive for some - this is one of the reasons I'm not participating in many projects; perhaps for some it will mean they can't participate. However, TRACKED packages should eliminate the postal service being the cause of projects NOT arriving.

Thank you for reading/listening.

Deb still drinking that

Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!

Last edited by sis; 06-14-2018 at 09:57 AM.
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post: