Old 08-09-2022, 02:10 PM   #1476
pynkkameleon

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly ones
Relationship Status:
Riding off into the sunset with my Cowboi

pynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Popping in to say hello..

It’s been an awfully long minute since I last posted here. Life happens and time just seems to fly by.

Sending out my deepest and heartfelt condolences to those of you that have lost loved ones. I can see that there have been some tremendous losses recently for some of you. I wish you peace and comfort to help you heal your hearts.

I was diagnosed with stage IV recurrence this past May. Breast cancer to my bones and chest wall. Treatable but no longer curable. Originally it was stage 2b in 2009. Although I’m pretty annoyed by this latest bit of everything, I’m in a very good and happy place in my life right now. My two youngest, will turn 21 in 3 months. Our son lives at home with us and our daughter recently moved in with her boyfriend of almost 4 years. My two older ones are very happy, stable and in strong relationships. One lives in Alaska and the other in Oregon. TexasCowboi and I will celebrate 7 years married next weekend, 10 years officially together. We purchased an old but (mostly) sturdy motorhome late last year (lovingly named “The Green Turd”) with grand plans of sneaking in some adventures over the next few years as TC inches closer to retirement. Right now, those plans are on hold though while we deal with this nonsense.

In the meantime, treatment for now is pretty straightforward. Ibrance and anastrasole pills daily, Zometa infusions monthly. This will continue until I build up a tolerance to the meds and have to move on. I have very few mutations, so for now it limits my options. I’m not eligible for any stage IV studies and there are currently only 5-7 treatment line options available for me, so the longer I can stay on one line, the better. Traditional chemo will be around the 3rd to 4th line. I’ll have my first new set of CT scans on the 17th to see if the medicine is working and everything is staying stable. Side effects so far are very tolerable. Some nausea, aches and pains and fatigue mostly. I just switched to a new Oncologist and she’s promised to keep us in the loop every step of the way and not sugarcoat anything. She’s young, smart as a whip and breast cancer is her specialty. This is still pretty new for us and we are learning as we go. I learned to be my own expert the first time around but we’ve quickly learned that metastatic disease is a whole different beast and treated much differently. Stability is the name of the game now. Scans every 3 months and monthly infusions with labs every month for the foreseeable future are the new normal. As are making lots of new memories and enjoying many adventures filled with laughter. Because that’s the way we roll anyway. This was just a reminder that time is short and to not take any of it for granted.

Thinking of you all. Check in if you feel up to it and let us know how you and yours are doing.
Big love. Be good to you.
Vonni -

Don't define your world in black and white..

There is so much hiding amongst the greys

❤❤❤❤❤
pynkkameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pynkkameleon For This Useful Post: