View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #45
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

I live in a semi-rural area and most lesbians are partnered, those that aren’t are too young for me or a little older than I’d comfortably like – I’m only 41, but, I’ve travelled and experienced many things in my life and want a woman who has also experienced life and the world – who can be my equal on an emotional, intellectual, spiritual and physical level.

I also want a woman who can hold her own when my unyielding determination (read as stubborn) kicks in and I try to do too much only to end up in pain, in tears and on crutches. I’m NOT wanting a carer – that is the last thing I want (when I’m old, completely Ga-ga and sporting a pink rinse hair-do, then yes! More like I’d need a rubber room in a Psychiatric unit, lol!), yet, what I do seek is a woman who is able to allow me to remain independent as I am now, yet, when I need/ask for help, she is willing to do so and not feel put-upon.

I appreciate that me having a form of Spina Bifida and Alpha-Thalassaemia (treated with high doses of Folic Acid) isn’t what every woman wants to have in a partner, especially is they love hiking, and other sports. I am active with regular Yoga practice, swimming and walking – I can walk about 2 miles at a fairly steady pace……OK! I can’t do that everyday, but, I CAN still do it! (Unless of course it’s traipsing round shops for hours, then I’d rather watch paint dry! LOL!).

When I’m on my crutches, I’m slower doing my daily activities and have to be fairly strict in organising myself and plan ahead.

When I’m getting to know a woman, I’m open hearted and vulnerable - I do feel insecure and feel embarrassed about some of the challenges that come with Spina Bifida, yet, I’m comfortable confronting the necessary issues and not be dishonest about them to her…..Sometimes even the most confident, self assured, carefree spirit has moments of weaknesses.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post: