How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,169 Times in 5,134 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Overeasy Sunday, Peeps,

I woke up freezing this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Someone had set the thermostat on 57*F! Probably someone accidentally brushed by the control panel and slid the thermstat all the way to the left.

I decided to just stay up and made myself a triple cafecito. I also had a chocolate chip muffin and a little bit of corn pudding, which I made last night. It's a special treat I like to make for myself sometimes - it's really the same as eating a warm bowl of cereal, but far more delicious. It has creamed corn (cereal) and milk and sugar, with some eggs and butter and that's about it. Nobody likes it but me in this house, so I will get to have that for breakfast for the next few days - unless I just eat it for snacks, which I probably will.

Today is my last day of freedom, or at least as close as I can get while un-retired. It's the last day of winter break, and in academia, two weeks of paid vacation when nobody's at work is as close to freedom from responsibility as it gets. Not only do I not have to be at work, but no one else is at work making work for me either. I don't know what I plan to do with my last day of freedom, but it will probably involve cleaning the kitchen and (possibly) cooking something delicious. I'm thinking something easy like ramen with an egg and some Korean BBQ pork, along with a little bit of soju that I have left in the refrigerator . . . possibly to be followed by an afternoon of drinking and watching the last few episodes of Dexter.

Dexter expired off of Netflix before I could make it to the end, so I subscribed to Showtime. I'll probably spend some time perusing Showtime to see if there's anything else I want to watch before I cancel it at the end of the month. I've subscribed to Showtime many times before, as there is always somethings on there that's just so good that it's worth an extra subscription - Nurse Jackie and Queer as Folk, among others. There's just not enough great content to make me subscribe all the time, though.

I'm really rambling now . . . thanks if you've read this far, and I hope you have a wonderful overeasy Sunday.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: