Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Medusa,

Congrats on your promotion! And congrats on what sounds like some new found freedom....there is nothing like it and I personally find nothing wrong with it.

I hear what you are saying. It is difficult sometimes to feel comfortable sharing a success when it is unclear how people will react to it.

Personally, I enjoy watching my friends and family do well. I know a lot of hard work, long hours, sweat and tears went into what they accomplished. And, I am pleased to know the outcome was successful.

The only times I can remember success bothering me is when it changed the person i.e. a down to earth, humble person transforms into a corporate witch with an obsession with possessions, the accumulation of things, and little regard for people.

Having become much less materialistic as I age, I am enjoying staying out of the rat race I was in for decades. And I am learning more and more about bargain hunting so I can be more leisurely. It is a wonderful sense of freedom.

So, I say...be happy for what you have done and what it will do for you! It is ok to be successful.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: