View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #3212
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I've been reading trash mostly. I read the Arrows trilogy by Mercedes Lackey. I'm sure I read it in the past, but I had forgotten it all. Good, but it got a bit old by the end as series often do.

I read Crazy Rich Asians, China Rich Girlfriend, and Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan. OMG, they were bad, but I couldn't stop reading them. After I finished, that story about Yusi Zhao hit the headlines and made it more real. She's the young woman whose family paid $6.3 million to get her into Stanford in the college cheating scandal. Some of the details in the books could not be fake though. Way stranger than fiction. What a subculture. The books are occasionally very funny.

Currently reading Greek to Me: Adventures of a Comma Queen by Mary Norris and Pompeii by Robert Harris.

Seems like I read something else, but I can't remember. More trash, I am sure.