View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 02:19 PM   #76
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,996 Times in 9,940 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm out on the west coast, so anything I read online is published hours before it's available for me to read, but here's an telling example of what was withheld from the public by the power-hungry, lying, corrupt GOP:

Exhibit A) From Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Massachusetts):
“One: This was not a full and fair investigation. It was sharply limited in scope and did not explore the relevant confirming facts.
Two: The available documents do not exonerate Mr. Kavanaugh.
And three: The available documents contradict statements Mr. Kavanaugh made under oath.”

Exhibit B) From Ranking Democratic Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California):

“The most notable part of this report is what’s not in it.”

Excerpt from HuffPost article (below):

Quote:
Meanwhile, a president whom the majority of the country did not vote for is installing a justice on a Supreme Court that already had a seat hijacked and stolen by Senate Republicans, who were only ever in a position to do so because of decades of gerrymandering and voter suppression.
This is not how a healthy democracy functions. But there is a way to start to correct these profound injustices: What if you just told me what was in the FBI report? You’ll all feel much better! I know I will.
So, are you a senator? An FBI employee who helped with the investigation? Do you want to do me and the country — nay, democracy itself — a solid (…)? It’s the least you could do," ~ Ashley Feinstein, HuffPost Journalist, in yesterday's article published October 5th, 2018.

Link to HuffPost article (above): One Of You Should Just Leak Me The FBI Report: It's The Very Least You Could Do.

My thoughts today:

One of the things that keeps coming up, for me - at least, is the fact that long time tenured senators in executive branch positions of power, collect an life time salary off the backs of tax payers, after they retire. I've never been happy that they have the ability to collect income off the backs of tax payers, like this. To me, if an senator or former President or anyone who no longer works in their former role, but yet they've done good things for the greater good of our country (examples: strengthened and expanded social policy addressing social racial and gender inequality and injustices, poverty, law, civil rights, employment/labor, healthcare, etc.), then I think rewarding and compensating them for their service to the country like this is an good thing. I'm not happy that the Dead White Boy's Society in the GOP enclave have access to power to enrich themselves purposefully over the enrichment of all in our country. I'd like to see that come to an end, promptly, but I know it's asking a lot. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an excellent outcome and demonstrative showing of support from Democratic voters and independent voters and from voters who are fleeing the corrupt GOP, in support of turning our country around and saying flat out to all of them that their so-called law making is officially over and won't be tolerated anymore.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: