Thread: Kavenaugh OMG
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 03:21 PM   #77
hagster

How Do You Identify?:
Nothing to see here, folks.
Relationship Status:
prison lesbian

hagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputation

I'm in tears. I'm not surprised that he's been confirmed; the idea that partisanship comes before common sense or humanity is a growing reality. I am, however, disappointed beyond words. We all know how this individual will affect rulings from the Supreme Court, and that alone is cause for high emotion.

My tears also come from the people who share this space with me, meaning this land, this country that is supposed to make me proud to be an American. The realization that the republican base has been energized by this Kavanaugh fiasco is both dumbfounding and heartbreaking. After the 2016 election, I questioned how I could go out into the world and interact with strangers that may have stood behind a man we saw as lacking character or humanity. Now? I feel my personal value as a woman has plummeted. Worthless. Again I wonder how I can leave the house and feel a safety I'd not questioned before; how will this affect how my clients perceive me or future job opportunites. I've never felt this before. There's a hopelessness rising in me and I'm scared.
hagster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hagster For This Useful Post: