View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #28
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Whoa! lol

There was no assumption in my head or heart when I responded to your post. No assumption regarding all... or some... or many... not so much as f'ing baker's dozen. I was, in fact, agreeing with you and adding a wee caveat to the subset that you highlighted … white women.

Perhaps, in future, you might ask the author of the post clarify before assuming that they've assumed.

Whoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
I initially wasn't going to respond to this because having to explain once again in my life that no where did I say "all" is exhausting, as I already have to do this when I am confronted with not "all" men. (Because clearly I am not smart or aware enough to recognize that not everyone gets lumped into one category because of a few.) <insert eyeroll> But I am responding because I don't appreciate your assumption.

And so, after what I wrote in this thread, and have written in other political threads we both are involved in, you come here and infer that I am unaware that white women like Susan Collins and her ilk exist. Actually you don't infer, you tell me I am unaware by pointing out to me that "there's large chunk of white women who have (quite happily!) tethered themselves to men... to Trump... to the "oppressors" ... for lack of a better term" as if I had no idea. It's insulting.

I am glad there are other people who read what I wrote and got it.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post: