CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
excellent views kobi Thank You for bringing up the facts. I am very confused as well as concerned about the integrity of the woman who were assaulted. I believe they were subjected to Weinstein's criminal sexual behavior. the confusing part is why did woman give in to his sexual threats ?? I'm saddened that so many woman gave in and didn't fight back ! The woman who he drugged for his own personal demented pleasure sure is reason enough for punishment . I pray to God for peace in this world everyday. For those woman with regrets , I wish them forgiveness of themselves .Again, thanks for the post Kobi .
Rape and sexual assault are wounds in the most intimate place, and humiliating mind fcks, too. The very last thing most women want to do is expose themselves further in the aftermath of such an attack. Especially when the power balance favors their perpetrator so overwhelmingly as it did with Weinstein. Survivors are doubted, hounded and slut shamed. At least one of Trump's accusers endured credible threats on her life and was forced to leave the country. All that would be hard enough when a woman's psyche is at its strongest, but immediately post sexual assault, public shaming would feel exactly like a continuation of the rape. It doesn't confuse or surprise me a bit that women would take the hush money and concentrate on healing themselves. it would surprise and impress me if any of them had found the resources to "fight back" before this moment. Most of Weinstein's victims would have had no way to know that they were the 299th woman he raped, either. Had they come forward they would have done so thinking they were the only one. When all this plays out in the public eye with perfect strangers feeling empowered to pass judgement on your torment... Really, it's just plain unrealistic to expect a woman to go public the way she would if the same man had stolen her wallet, for instance. Anyone who grew from girlhood to womanhood in this culture would be well aware of the double standard and would know she was signing up to fight a very difficult battle. Probably alone. I'm not surprised that so many women needed the safety of numbers to come forward, but I am horrified at the sheer number of women who this criminal has raped. Especially since there are likely plenty more who haven't felt empowered to say "me too".