Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sick. I've been sick all week. I didn't work last night because of it.

My coworker called today and asked if I was coming in tonight. I told her I was going to try. She said for me to call her if I didn't feel like coming or if I needed to leave once I got here. Well, being lulled into thinking I could work (after not doing much today), and then realizing how freaking exhausted I was (just from showering, dressing and driving to work), I called this co-worker back and told her I would work half the shift if she would please come in and cover the other half. She said she was running errands and would call me back shortly. Hours later (I'm on a 15hr shift) she calls back and says she just isn't "prepared" to come in tonight, because she really wants to stay home. After a slight pause and a few more yada yada comments she says (in a haughty voice) "is that ok with you?" Feeling like refried death and not in the best mood, I reply with haughty voice and say "yeah, that's perfectly fine, don't worry about it" and hung up.

Now HERE is the problem I have with this... For one, she worked for me last night and knew she may have to work tonight. Second, I gave her HOURS of advance notice. Most importantly, the one single, sole, solitary, ONLY friggin reason this person was hired is to be an alternate and only works in situations like this when someone is sick or if something comes up. So, really...wtf... If you are hired for one purpose and one purpose only, and then you "really wanna stay home", then what was the friggin point in accepting the job in the first place???

Ok...that's my rant for the evening. Carry on...
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post: