Old 12-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #42
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Okay, so this book is freaking amazing and we all need to read it. Can I ask what it's about???

And thanks for the offer of the book. I'll let you know after I finish this one.

Happy Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
I had to write this.

I read approximately 20 books a week....it is rare that a book has such a profound effect/affect on me.

This book had me in tears before I even finished reading the Introduction
It had me angry by the second page, it had me and still has me held captive.

I had to stop reading this book to write this. i have written an email and sent it to about 100 different people already saying OMG you have to read this book.
I joined the Book of the month club just so I could order 4 copies of this book for a dollar so I can give them to people I pray will read it and not just read it but after having read it say....I am going to do something and do something now! And I pray not just stop with the words but invest time, money, what ever it takes...
Hopefully I have piqued your interest in "Half the Sky", and those that have already read it....omg....we need a thread just about "half the Sky" to talk.

dean thoreau

Half the Sky
by Sheryl WuDunn, Nicholas D. Kristof
it was published Sept 09...... I can not believe it took me this long to find it...u can get it at amazon for 1/2 price...(14.00) paperback will be out in May 2010..please do not wait that long to read it.....If you truly do not have the money to purchase it or a library you can borrow it from...PM me , i will be more than happy to make sure you get a copy u can pass to another after u have read it.