View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 06:15 AM   #13779
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I am wondering if others feel this way. It is like I have "F*CK WITH ME" written across my forehead.

I got a brake job done yesterday. Dropped it off at 8:30. The manager did my paperwork. I asked him the price of an oil change too. He said $59.00. I laughed and told him that was ridiculous and to add 2 or 3 quarts today. New pads and rotor resurfacing for both front were on special, $60.00 off for $129.99 ... it was the same for both rear ones too. I told him to call me as soon as it was inspected and tell me what it needed and give me the price. He did not call. I called at 11:30, he was not there but the mechanic who was mumbling and not much audible said they could go on and start then ... it would be ready at 1:30. Since I could not hear him much, I said,"so it is only the front ones and it will be $129.99 plus the oil, right?" He said, "yea." I called at 1:30 before I told my ride to take me. I asked the total charge and it was $448.00. They replaced both front rotors with new ones. I started laughing and asked for the manager. He was not available. On the ride over there, the manager called. I told him he needed to adjust the price before I got there and bring it down to $129.99 and 2 or 3 quarts of oil because that is the quote the mechanic agreed with me on at 11:30. He said the rotors could not be turned because they were too far gone. I said that was his problem since he never found time to call and tell me ... and that his mechanic told me $129.99 at 11:30 before he started the work. When I walked in, I ensured all the customers were aware of this conflict. This manager even tried to pull a fast one about the oil. He said it was store policy not to add oil but to do an oil change. I told him he had this same knowledge this morning when I asked him to add 2 or 3 quarts ... and that I would not pay for the oil change either. He adjusted the total down to $144.11 and asked if it was acceptable to me. I said it was fine. Also informed him if I had heard from him and he had told me the rotors needed replacing with new ones and quoted me the $448.00 before the work started, I would have gladly paid for them but I did not play little boy games.

I do not enjoy having to act this way one bit but sometimes it is necessary to rise to the occasion.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: