View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #12
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,769 Times in 983 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Secure saver

Does having money in the bank give you peace of mind? Do you enjoy putting your money away even when there’s nothing in particular to save for?

It’s clearly very important to have savings to provide security for you and your loved ones, as you never know when you might need them.

But remember that being secure isn’t just about saving wisely – it means spending wisely as well. Make sure you’re not denying yourself too much in the present with unnecessarily tight budgeting for the future.

You score highly as a secure saver. Some people score highly for more than one of the attitudes, so you may recognise yourself as another of these:

Your risk
Moderate risk of money troubles

The answers you gave are similar to those of an average person in the study based on the BBC Big Money Test, who encountered a moderate level of money problems. Unexpected overdrafts and credit rejections were the most common, affecting around 15% of people in this group.

If you have concerns about managing your money, there are some good sources of support and practical advice in the links below.

Good first steps for getting your finances under better control include the following:
•Find someone you trust to talk to about your situation and how it makes you feel. This could be a friend or family member, or professional help from one of the links below
•Find healthy ways of dealing with how you feel about your situation. Try not to spend or ignore money problems as ways of coping with negative feelings. Many people find exercise can help them feel more positive
•Be honest with yourself about your spending habits and about your financial situation. A spending diary might be helpful. Don’t avoid dealing with your bills and bank statements
•Make an action plan – including setting a careful budget and working out strategies to make sure you stick to it
•Check that you’re getting any financial assistance you’re entitled to, such as benefits

I will splurge every once in awhile on myself but usually more likely to help someone out .