Old 11-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #64
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Have to say I am impressed also. With a 17 year old gamer boy living under the same roof, I am constantly amazed at the stuff that I hear coming from his room.

Christie and I get opportunity aplenty to have those conversations with him regarding words that hurt/ offend/ trigger. In talking with him, we are both acutely aware that it is part of their generational slang. He is rarely happy to hear that it offends and hurts folks and I believe he sincerely does "catch himself" right afterward sometimes and ponders what he said.

I don't know exactly where kids went from playtime being building forts and seeking grand adventures to killing anything that moves with whatever cache of weaponry they can gather in these video games. That said, I truly suck at video games, but I do enjoy killing the zombies or vampires in some of the games ( that operate with one trigger instead of using both hands..LOL) And I freely admit to going to find the Carmeggedon game Kobi mentioned.. I kinda sucked at that too.

I am not only impressed that the kid came here to apologize but that he was also able to manipulate code and create a game at 15. That's pretty cool. Hopefully, he may go on to do great things, a little more enlightened on his journey.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: