suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

I used to have them for five out of seven days of the week. So I've tried just about everything. The ice pack to the back of the head/back of the neck (where ever provides you the most relief) is actually what worked the best for me. And if you've been taking any pain killer/anti-inflammatory (which I'm sure you have if you've had it for a couple of days - stop immediately. If you go into rebound - or are in rebound now - it won't get better until you stop taking them. I take a maximum of three dosages of Advil and then just tough it out, because any more and it's just a revolving door: pain --> Advil --> more pain caused by the Advil.
It's strange, but eating helps too. One theory is that the blood has to go to the stomach for digestion, so it helps relieve the dilation of blood vessels in the head that's the cause of pain.
There are a million little things. But those are the couple that I have reduced my treatment to, because they are simple, work the best and cause no other symptoms. Quiet, dark - I think that goes without saying for any migrainer.
Feel better Barb!

Sue