View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 07:23 PM   #529
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ballots

I'm so upset. I received my voter's pamphlet but never received my ballot. Fortunately I happened to noticed a pamphlet at my oldest son's house and asked him in light of the pandemic when he thought we'd be getting our ballots. He told me they'd already received theirs, both of my sons and their wives. If that was the case then mine should have been here by now, was in fact long over due. Turns out even though I'd updated my address, which is why I got the voter's pamphlet, my ballot was returned because they sent it to my old address where it was promptly returned as undeliverable . Yep my fault because I failed to update my address. Okay so why didn't you send my voter's pamphlet to the wrong address then, because I didn't give you the new address as evidenced by the fact that you have it?

I'm so glad I caught this mistake. I don't know who is responsible for mailing out the ballots, addresses these things, but the post office can only send mail to the address they're given and if you gave them the wrong one then how can you possibly be blaming me or the post office. Fortunately I discovered it while I still have time to vote but if this could happen to me, how many other people has this or similar happened to? Oh and then what did I get in the mail this week? Someone else's voter registration card. I can see how, though not right, it would be understandable if someone who'd lived here prior had moved and failed to update their address but I'm the only person who has ever lived at this address. These apartments were still being built when I moved in.

Then of course there's the matter of if this crud could happen to me who else has it happened to. I don't have any reason to believe anyone intentionally meant to do this, it was obviously just some sort oversight seeing how quick to respond and correct it they were but if something like this can so easily happen when people are trying to get it right and have just made an honest mistake what about people with true evil intent, malice in their heart? I mean right now someone could be sitting there filling out my ballot. I suppose the signature wouldn't match. I wonder how they check a thing like that or if they even bother to compare signatures at all. People have already been busted for tampering with ballots. What a mess. I'm going to be so glad when this election is over.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: