christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Hey Jesse (and other people)

I was wondering if you could tell me (if you remember) if you got headaches when you first cut the carbs way down? And if so, how long they lasted?

I started on January 1st, and the only bad carb I've allowed myself is Triscuits (I can't help it, they are my favourite thing on the planet - but I'm limiting myself to 6 of them in total a day) and starting yesterday I've gotten some really blinding headaches.

I'm pretty sure that cutting out the sugars is where the headaches are coming from (since I'm not sick, stressed, tired, or injured in any way). Are they going to stop soon?
When I hop back on low carbs, I always have headaches the first 3-4 days. I find that increasing my water intake seems to help ramp them down.

I still consume vast amount of coffee (usually accompanied by nicotine) and don't likely see that changing.

Best of luck to you. You might want to try an OTC pain med taken with a full glass of water and backed with a cup of coffee. The caffiene seems to "jump start" the meds for me (or I just use Execdrine Migraine which has caffiene in it).
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post: