Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
As a native of the Dayton area, who went to school and worked in Dayton, I don't think Dayton needs people from outside our nation's boundaries advocating for us. We will do fine, thank you very much. Dayton was the Ohio city most affected by the opioid crisis, but is now the model city for reducing deaths from opioids. We don't need others patronizing us.

I also think if you're going to make a point about remembering, you might get the names right. It's Parkland, not Parkdale. I don't think too many U.S. citizens would have made that error because the lives lost were our own.
How do you know what the people of Dayton "need" ? Are you really speaking for "the people of Dayton" because you once lived there? I don't speak for all Canadians even though people here try to keep shoving me into that corner

What is it you actually know/remember about the Holocaust? But I sure as Hell wouldn't hate you for referencing that pain, even 70 years later. I wouldn't ask you to prove you were Jewish or show me where you live..even if you misspelled the name of every single Concentration Camp.

There was nothing patronizing about my post except what you demagogically tried to stick in there.

As for Parkdale/Parkland... Why are you so unable to accept that even if one person outside America remembers those crimes it is something to acknowledge positively. The murder of children, even if those children are American, is not a crime only against America.

Do you really think that only citizens of Somalia can speak out on the massacres there, only citizens of Hong Kong can speak out on the repression there, only Saudis can speak out about the murder of reporters there?

You don't need to be able to spell every name right, every chronology exactly, to have a right to express an empathy for the central issue...

otherwise you end up with an ever diminishing circle of nodding heads and no one else feels a right to speak out...even in the most innocuous way.

And please stop looking for the tiniest reference to try to diminish larger points...it just looks impotent .
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: