View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 05:50 AM   #6
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I went from software contractor to permanent full time employee in 2009. I knew I'd get a healthy pay cut but with raises and promotions since '09, I have exceeded original contractor salary. I did not have as much what I call "play money" there for awhile but manageable. I like the stability I have being a permanent employee, good benefits, generous holiday and annual leave, Blue Cross Blue Shield ... I cannot complain at all ... but I will ... I miss the thrill and fast pace of the contract work even though it was terribly stressful at times and people seemingly were more back-biting. A big plus at my current job is that for someone like me who seems to get into trouble periodically for being "mouthy," you would just about have to snuff someone to get fired. Overall, I like the job I have today just fine.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: