View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 05:41 PM   #37
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I was fortunate enough to attend the March on Washington, and even more fortunate to be in a women's chorus that performed - the Atlanta Feminist Women's Chorus. I will never forget the thrill of looking out from the stage at the queers for as far as the eye could see, way to the back of the Mall.

We had several performances scheduled in D.C. during that time. People took to calling us the "kd lang contingent" because we were often seen out and about in our uniforms (teal "boyfriend"-type blazers with white shirts and black pants). I believe there were over 100 of us in the Chorus at that time.

I also remember getting star-struck by Kathy Najimy backstage. I'm so dumb when i meet famous people - I have no backstage coolness factor. I squeaked out something like, "I just LOVE your show!" - at the time, she was on Broadway with The Kathy & Mo Show, with Mo Gaffney.
I LOVED the Kathy and MO Show!!!
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post: