betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
And this is precisely the point I was making. Sure, deep blue-state me would be perfectly happen adopting Canada's lack of laws governing abortion. Deep red-state someone else would have a BIG problem with it. Deeply Catholic Nicaraguans would probably have a *gigantic* problem. And woe betide the person who tried to take that away.
Well nobody would get to take it away because we'll just adopt that whole "right to bear arms" thing from you guys and then -nobody- will be able to take away our abortions (or our Queen).

The whole thing is just such a bad nightmare, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMa'am View Post
They're also very quick to suggest that Occupy Portland should be rioting to get what they want, rather than just peacefully protesting. Anarchists are the last people I want anyone listening to regarding governance of a nation.
Anarchist - [an-er-kist] - noun: A jerkwad who likes to break stuff and has conveniently found a self-righteous explanation for their crappy behaviour.