View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 10:47 PM   #4728
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well, it’s been a jumbled up few days and my routine got all scrambled. We had two days of very strong rain and wind and since was this is the first rain I’ve seen at all since I’ve been here I thought it best to hang around and see if anything was going to leak or break or some other shoe might drop. It turned out fine and I only have one section of gutter to work on but I ended up staying home and not moving around much at all. I would’ve much preferred to go down to the beach just to be in the storminess of it all. It sounds like I will have an opportunity for that in the next two or three days.

The next couple of days were great weather and tides so I was able to get out and survey the destruction down there. A fair amount of sand got moved around, and a sizable chunk of large kelp forest got tossed up along about a half a mile section. It was the really fun kind with the long bull whips and the “antlers“ coming off the top of the ball. I remember loving playing with those as a kid up in Washington state. So, got an a good number of steps on those days. 15,000 and 20,000 respectively.

Today for a change of pace I went to a street festival (I never met a festival I didn’t like) and it was that slow, wandering, looking at things kind of walking on concrete that for some reason just takes it out of me. 10k

All in all over the last seven days I’ve averaged 12,300. Not as much as I would like, but I’ll take it.

One more bit, I saw something I had not seen before and that was three horses being trained down on the beach. Training to do what I’m not sure, walk in the sand? Anyway they were very interesting looking so I went and asked one of the riders what sort they were, I was told they had just been shipped in a month ago from Iceland. No idea what that was about, but good looking horses.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: