Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
I usually sleep from around 3 or 4 a.m till 10 or 11 a.m. I am very much a night person even since I was a child. Went to a sleep clinic twice, yes a night person is real.
I think this is absolutely true, that some people are night owls, while others are more day-light hours oriented. But, then there is my mother. She just turned 80 (back in early July), and all her life, she's basically never really slept more than 3 or fours hours at a time -- and that is whenever she can lay down to rest. She's been a nurse all her life, mostly working around the clock, but primarily night shift (2300 hrs - 0700 hrs, plus xtra hrs due to her role as an investigator or Director of Nursing, etc).

It's like with my mom, someone has to insist that she lays down to rest because on her own, she won't. She's got what I call a bonafide case of "I can't sleep because I gotta make sure everything is done right" kind of thing. And she is not even OCD. LOL. What makes her 'tick' would surely send me off the cliff, readily and willingly. I have to have my rest and in bigger doses of rest. 3-4 hours is not enough for my body to recover or my mind.

9 hours is really good, when I've slept 9 hours.

Which, last night I fell into bed around 10:30 because my mind and body wouldn't let me stay up anymore. I rose from uninterrupted sleep (Because I made sure Miss Petunia slept out on the porch, LOL) around 9 am.

I need more rest and definitely more sleep. This past week at work was more than I could handle, but I didn't have any other choice, but to keep working until quitting time on Friday afternoon.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: