Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default B

Spot on Gemme. I read your knowledge of the importance of boundaries as Self-love, and Self-protection. And absolutely necessary, period.

Hard-assed? No way Gemme, very healthy indeed. We live in a society where
there are people that have no remorse, or conscience and "suck" the life out of
people that are empathic and have no boundaries.

So, what I've learned is this...to learn what boundaries are, and implement them in my life in all areas, relationships, work, play. And for people that cross boundaries such a huge red flag, they are not allowed in my life in any way, shape or form. No apologies from me.

Right on Gemme.

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I think it's unhealthy to love everyone all the time with all of yourself--no matter what. Absolutely unrealistic too. I have boundaries and if those boundaries are crossed, then that person or persons require me to be more careful with my feelings and emotions around them. My personal, emotional and psychological safety is more important than someone else's feelings.

Maybe I'm a hard ass, but I feel no conflict or remorse about this.

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post: