View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #23
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not into pda. I'm fine holding hands in public, an arm around me, a quick kiss hello/good-bye but that's enough.

It's interesting to me how it's shifted after only being with women for my life, and now being with a man (trans, but for all public knowledge, he's just a guy). When I was with women I would have the guard up when hand holding, etc, in public. Especially at something like a family event, or around my daughters friends. My ex and I often had absolutely no physical contact in those situations. Now, with homophobia not being an issue, I'm still not into pda because in my opinion and comfort zone for how I present myself, it's just not cool. But I also have some... I don't know- straight guilt/privilege awareness that he and I are pretty darn safe to hold hands, snuggle, etc in public. We laugh about it, about how "normal" we appear, especially when we're walking around with our kids and their friends. But it's still weird to be on the other side.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: