cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femminator View Post
Thank you. We simply had a terrible time finding a good top surgeon who takes insurance near us. By the time we travel out of state, to find a Doc who takes insurance, we will have to stay a week to get a recheck, so the cost of hotels, travel and food.. etc and so on...it is actually just cheaper for us to pay up front. Wish we loved somewhere that had more options nearby.
Know how you feel about going an out of state surgeon. I've gone to VT round trip once now I have another appointment for a follow-up (why I don't know why whatever couldn't have been done the first visit), then the top surgery and immediate post-op follow up. How long will that last? I am a SICU RN, and know how to pull a drain. I just won't know at what point he will want it pulled. Can't really afford to spend a week at a motel or hostel (if I can find one).

Wonder how many office visits before the surgery. It costs me $100 a pop for each trip, and the driver is iffy. Like I have an appt. at the end of the month, and she still hasn't given me an answer as to whether or not she can take me. It's 2 hrs. away so I can't just get a ride at the drop of a hat. Not only do I have to worry about the appt. but how I'm going to get there. and what's going to happen after surgery. I have 2 cats to worry about, too. My Partner won't just leave me in Burlington, and go back home to care for the cats. I know Her.

Dapper, what usually happens from this point? Do I have the surgery on the appt. after this one? How long will I need to hang around Burlington? It takes how long until the drains come out...the sutures? How much pain should I be in? Do I need pain meds.? I'm a little scared right now. Please! Oh, and by the way you were right about GQ, just not talking about it with anyone, yet.
cathexis
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote