Old 11-27-2018, 09:30 PM   #4937
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Actually it was on Cyber-Monday. Two Ancestry DNA kits. One for a customer who was adopted and is looking for his family and one I might use. As an only child of 64 years, I am not sure how I would feel about a sudden sibling from an indiscretion by my father years ago.
I did an ancestry kit a couple of years ago and it was really interesting! I found out that my lineage was not what I was told growing up. For some, that could really rock their world but I laughed. When I told my dad that he wasn't 100% Italian; that my percentage is not high enough (and there's absolutely no chance he is not my father and she is not my mother...I'm VERY both of them physically and emotionally), he told me, "It's your mom's fault. Something went wrong on her side." lol Yeah, okay. It's basic 8th grade genetics but whatev, Dad.

As a treat, I found out I was Irish. I didn't expect that but it explains my skin and how it responds to the sun. I thought I was Asian but I'm not. Not even a teeny weeny bit. My almond shaped eyes come from either the Portuguese or the Native American in me. Both are small percentages but it's a dominant feature and the only thing that makes sense.

I'm also West African. This didn't surprise me at all. There's other stuff in there too. I am, literally, a woman of the world.

As for finding siblings, you can opt out of having your results made public and, therefore, linkable.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: