Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

A few books that I've read recently and liked are:

My Life as a Fake and His Illegal Self by Peter Carey. These are both great books, mostly due to Carey's uniquely descriptive writing style.

Under the Dome by Stephen King was also good and the first of his books that I've liked in years. It's about a town in Maine that is suddenly cut off from the rest of the world by a mysterious, impenetrable dome. The ending was almost lame but somehow managed to work.

Society of the Spectacle by Guy Debord, which I loved. I found two different translations and was surprised by how different they were. I found out after I started researching which quotes were correct that Debord was furious about the shabby translating and only recommended certain editions.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post: