CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Count me in! If I don't make it onto The List I'm gonna kick somebody's ass!

I will answer to lesbian, dyke, gay, and/or queer. I usually end up using whichever word seems right in the moment, but 'lesbian' and 'dyke' are my clear faves.

When I'm speaking to queer people who think that 'lesbian' is somehow pejorative, (usually the younger, genderqueer crowd), I make a point of calling myself a LESBIAN FEMINIST. Then I wait for one of them to say something, anything, stupid. I admit to puerile joy watching them squirm in the aftermath.

When I'm speaking to people who ID as stonebutch or stonefemme who think that their stone ID means that they could not possible be lesbians, I make sure to call myself a stonefemme lesbian.

When I'm speaking to lesbians who would prefer me to assimilate I call myself a dyke. Relentlessly.

BUT, if I ever find myself using the word 'dyke' in a work environment, or anywhere else where straight people might hear me, I make a point of telling them that they are NOT allowed to use that word.