View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #56
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis View Post
I was invited by some old friends to the Michigan fest a few years back, but I won't go there because they don't allow some women in, namely those of a trans experience.

(I probably wouldn't go anyway, not my thing so much, but that pretty much clinches it)

*seriously not a stick in the mud just sayin'*
Metro
i couldn't cope with Michigan because of the horrible music and worse food. i always loved the lurid political infighting that one could read afterward in the Lesbian Connection. Remember when so many women got shigella? And all the infighting about the leather tent. God. When i moved, i found ancient copies of Sinister Wisdom, Off Our Backs, etc. i threw most of it away. i did save a few things including my Hothead Paison book and a copy of the magazine Taste of Latex.

i am a dyke and a lesbian. They both roll off my tongue easily. i did NOT major in Women's Studies although many of my friends back in the day did. i hated women's music except for a few performers. i liked Ferron. Remember "It won't take long" -- about the coming revolution.

i am a bit of a culture snob, and my Marxist feminism stresses the Marxism over the feminism. But i am a dyke. i own the culture, and it owns me. i am a dyke BEFORE i am a femme because i WAS a dyke before i was a femme.

i have certainly had my differences with the mainstream lesbian community. Back in the day -- a huge one was my kink. But i am and will always be a lesbian.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: