Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I play organ, electric keyboard, and some piano.

I started with lessons at age 7 (so that's a long time!), but I don't play regularly. The beginning lessons consisted of six books, each more advanced than the other. After that, I continued lessons until I went to college 10 years later.

My favorites were blues and some of the then-new "pop" songs of the 1970's. I figured out the Beatles' "Let It Be" on my own. I also learned a lot of classical pieces, which helped a great deal in college when I took a music appreciation course. I already knew and appreciated the composers and pieces we studied.

When I was stressed out, I used to go to the music building, find an empty practice room with a piano, and just bang out all those songs I learned. It's still a stress reliever today. I don't like playing in front of people (I played for a church, which was nerve-wracking), but put on my earphones and I'm good to go.