View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #44
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
It may be true, but if a person doesn't have the looks, they don't get courted either.
I think there's a whole bunch of people who believe this to be true, Sweet Bliss.

In my own experience, I've not always been beautiful. And, there are times I doubt my own overall sense of whether I am beautiful or not. As a young girl, I can tell you that I was no physical female specimen of beauty. I thought I was rather ugly and I've pictures of proof. As I have aged, I've come to terms with whether or not I feel I meet any level of beauty. All I've got is a gigantic work of doodling art, on my own mind, about being the proverbial flower who blooms in beauty in her own time.

I will also say that most anyone I've ever been romantically involved with felt that they were ugly...not good looking....or desirable.... in terms of physical appearance.

Bit most often I felt attracted to their physical "beauty".

So, in my mind, it's fairly accurate that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and that in most cases, "beauty is (and can be) more than skin deep."

---K---

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: