Thread: Legacy
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

There's a scene in Avatar that made me cry. It really got to me. It's that's part where the animals on Pandora suddenly join the Na'vi in their fight against the corporate bad guys that want to destroy their planet.

I was surprised at how sad it made me. I started thinking that the animals on earth, if they could choose, would never join our side, would never help us out in any kind of world-ending battle.

We've made their existence hell. Our species is capable of reflection, and of grasping the value of life, but our disregard for life makes us able to pollute, exploit, destroy, make war, allow suffering, take what isn't ours, and kill the earth and everything living here.

I guess if I could change anything, it would be to make humans unable to suspend our respect for life.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post: