Old 10-14-2015, 11:36 PM   #27
Roman

How Do You Identify?:
transmasculine
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Roman Has the BEST ReputationRoman Has the BEST ReputationRoman Has the BEST ReputationRoman Has the BEST ReputationRoman Has the BEST ReputationRoman Has the BEST ReputationRoman Has the BEST ReputationRoman Has the BEST ReputationRoman Has the BEST ReputationRoman Has the BEST ReputationRoman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Treated with respect, kindness ... if she likes me on the first date and I like her too, it feels good to me to be lightly touched on the arm, shoulder, thigh ... it feels sort of like a subtle gesture of fondness to me.

Once on a first date, I knocked on her door with a bouquet of roses. When she opened the door, she grabbed my hand, yanked me inside and literally swallowed me whole. I did not like that. Felt way too cheesy ... as in a cheap-themed movie.

Subtle will get my attention.
This is exactly how I feel. I greatly appreciate subtle gestures. To me, there is a lot of power in a subtle gesture. it takes great attention to detail and talent to make a move at the right time in the right way. A few people have mentioned respect. Mastering subtle gestures is definitely a way to show respect. It means you've taken enough interest to realize that being too "touchy-feely" will overwhelm me especially if I haven't been around you much before.
Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roman For This Useful Post: