Old 12-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #68
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Yes, I understand that. Rather than being direct, I was indirectly but clumsily responding to Dee's post about decreasing gas prices causing oil rig workers to lose their jobs.

Production continues here in California, despite the drop in prices. However, what happens in the south may indeed be different than what happens in the west.

When I started to research why gas prices go up and down in California and how it ultimately affects us, the consumer; I realized it is a far bigger issue than on the surface of what we pay for gas.

I do apologize for deviating from the intent of the thread, which is "What are you paying for gas right now"!

It is a great thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
No, please post anything that might help us understand! I have been surprised (and pleased) by falling prices...but WHY are they falling, and when are they going to hike them again?

As you know, here in California prices are down over $2 per gallon....the oil companies are not known for their low prices and lack of billions in profits; it worries me that we are going to see huge jumps just when we have gotten used to having some spare change in our pockets.
Anya, Ms.Tinkerbelly is right, I am interested as well why prices are so low. It seems like an appropriate direction for the thread.

I hope that dee comes back and explains. Honestly, my understanding is that the oil production has not changed and the talk of less work is Republican propaganda. I thought maybe this is where you were going...that is why I was so interested in understanding the article.

Kelt? (I was thinking I could go google it, but why do that when Kelt already knows the answer?)

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: