cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
My family lived in West Rogers Park for 30 years. I ran the streets in both East and West as a kid. It boarders Evanston up and down Howard Street. I was in the neighborhood about 4 years ago and was saddened by how bad it looked. Growing up there in the 60's and 70's was wonderful. It would be nice to see the beauty that it once was. So many neighborhoods in Chicago that were dilapidated have been restored, so perhaps there is still hope for Rogers Park in the future.

Gang violence is in every neighborhood in Chicago. It's why I left and came to the suburbs.
We will be moving back to the MW within the year, wish we could find a North area that's both affordable on Social Security and safe. Would be nice to buy a house/condo in Evanston or Skokie or where I was going to...John Hancock bldg. Those dreams ended when I lost my entire inheritance in the 2008 crash.

So, now we are probably looking in WI. At least we won't have to deal with those extra taxes for living in the city. We are still looking in my beloved city. Picky, though, needs to be within walking distance of the lake, on a N/S train, and the two aforementioned requirements. Don't want much, do I? Lol. Oak St.would be great...oh, yeah no money.
Will keep looking, maybe Buena Vista. They have really done wonders there. I lived there when the cockroaches outnumbered the people about 30:1 during college.