View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 11:41 AM   #4688
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

A bit better, less worried. I was struck by sticker shock when I looked into how much it would cost to get exams, first round of shots and have the rescue kittens spayed or neutered. The vet I use for Monte is pretty affordable but with six kits in need of services the cost really adds up . There is one clinic in town with slightly lower prices but I haven't liked what I've seen after others I've known have taken their cats there. Anyhow I did a search online and found a program that offers low cost spay or neuter and then works with one of the big box pet stores that shows the kittens, tries to re-home them on adoption days, but even they charge more than what is affordable for me right now. Fortunately the woman I spoke with at the pet overpopulation place told me about a women she knows who works with people willing to foster cats and kittens until no kill shelter space or direct home situations can be found.They don't just work locally but with different organizations across the state. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping it works out. I don't know, it would be better if these kittens were purebred or unusually, strikingly marked... I think they're cuter, more playful than an average liter of kittens but then perhaps I'm just biased because I'm attached to the mother, was there while they were born and played a part in helping her deliver.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: